Massage Therapy at Reflection Ridge Chiropractic
Massage as a healing tool has been around for thousands of years in many cultures. Touching is a natural human reaction to pain and stress, and for conveying compassion and support. We now have scientific proof of the benefits of massage. Benefits range from treating chronic diseases and injuries to alleviating the growing tensions of our modern lifestyles. Having a massage does more than just relax your body and mind. There are specific physiological and psychological changes which occur, even more so when massage is utilized as a preventative, frequent therapy and not simply mere luxury.
Benefits of massage:
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Can help you regain and maintain proper alignment
Benefits of Massage and Chiropractic care combined:
Together chiropractic and massage facilitate the natural healing process by keeping the body in proper alignment and ensuring a free flow of nerve impulses and circulation of fluids. Massage and chiropractic are compatible natural therapies that share the goal of your total well-being, not simply an absence of illness. Both offer natural, effective, safe and drug-free techniques. They can be used as preventive as wall as restorative therapies. Both work to resolve the cause of your pain rather than treat isolated symptoms. Used in combination, they can help you maintain your optimum health and enjoy life to the fullest!
How massage supports chiropractic:
- Recovery is normally faster and more complete when
you address multiple components of your pain.
- Chiropractic treatment often proceeds more easily, with
less discomfort, when soft tissue has been relaxed with massage.
- Adjustments frequently last longer when muscle tension is released that might otherwise pull your joints out of alignment again
How chiropractic supports massage:
- If your pain involves subluxation, chiropractic adjustments may give
immediate relief as your joint is restored to alignment and mobility
- You may find that surrounding soft tissue heals quickly once
it is no longer subjected to the stress of misaligned joints.
- The joint movement in chiropractic adjustments can sometimes relax
deep layers of soft tissue that can be difficult to reach with massage